Zarubezhneft is the first of the Russian companies to receive comprehensive environmental permit
On December 19, 2019, the Federal Service for the Supervision of Natural Resources (Rosprirodnadzor) issued a comprehensive environmental permit (CEP) to the General Director of Zarubezhneft JSC Sergey Kudryashov. The document was handed over by the head of the service Svetlana Radionova. Zarubezhneft became the first company in Russia to receive such permit.
The initiative for the development of the comprehensive environmental permit is carried out in the framework of implementation of the federal project “Integration of best available technologies”, “Environment” national project, by Rosprirodnadzor.
CEP is a unified permitting document establishing all environmental impact regulations and is intended to replace three previous fundamental permitting documents:
- atmospheric pollutant emission permit (maximum permissible emission volume)
- water pollutant discharge permit (allowable discharge standards volume)
- document on approval of regulations for the waste generation and limits of disposal thereof (draft waste generation standards and waste disposal limits).
Seven documents have been determined as mandatory for handing over in digital form, including annual statistical statements and supporting estimate and record data:
- atmospheric air protection – 2-TP form (air)
- waste handling – 2-TP form (waste)
- land rehabilitation – 2-TP form (rehabilitation)
- negative environmental impact payment estimation
- record data on the negative environmental impact facilities
- report on the performance on production environmental control
- application for the issue of CEP with the digital signature of the company’s head.
In order to issue the permits in 2019 to the first 15 companies having officially applied to Rosprirodnadzor a pilot project has been developed. In the framework of this project the subsidiary of Zarubezhneft JSC ZARUBEZHNEFT-Dobycha Kharyaga LLC has been the first to receive the positive opinion of the environmental assessment.
The pilot project includes the digitalization of submission of negative environmental production indicators to Rosprirodnadzor online using the “Firmware for accounting the facilities having negative environmental impact” placed on the site of Rosprirodnadzor. At the moment the personnel of ZARUBEZHNEFT-Dobycha Kharyaga LLC and Rosprirodnadzor are jointly implementing information content filling and testing of this product.
The data submission process digitalization ensures transparency and accuracy of all provided information and ensure possibility of open dialog in case of any disputed issues and significantly reduces the time for interaction between the business representatives and Rosprirodnadzor.